A Beginner’s Guide To 30-Day Diet Plan By Jillian Michaels
Jillian Michaels who’s also called “America’s Toughest Trainer” has come up with a quick 30-Day Shred Diet fitness regimen and she claims that one can shred up to 20 pounds within a month.
What is the 30-Day Shred Diet plan?
This fitness program comes packed in an exercise DVD that provides comprehensive information, education, and guidance on the program. Michaels has divided the program into different levels and each level has to be completed within 10 days. The workouts are based on her strength/cardio/Abs 3-2-1 training circuit with each circuit time is 20 minutes.
The information on circuit training is stored in the DVD that also contains a cool-down and warm-up session for each of the levels. It is a 3 DVD Set that will guide you on how to lose weight in 30 days.
Advantages of the 30-Day Diet plan
• The short duration of the plan makes it suitable for everyone including those leading a busy work and life schedule. Michaels is also flexible about timing. She allows doing exercises any time of the day.
• It is beneficial for those that don’t have access to gyms or those that can’t afford to make home-gyms. They can easily practice exercises suggested by the diet plan.
• The exercises are a mix of different moves that benefit all the body. They combine more than a set of muscles or specific body parts. The objective of the exercises is to make you move every muscle and burn more calories.
• In addition to burning calories to reduce weight, you will have more benefits like building your strength and endurance.
• Unlike other diet and exercise plans, this specific 30-Day Diet plan allows much freedom to manage your activities. For example, those with low fitness can practice easy moves.
Tips to make the 30-Day Diet plan a success
You can buy the DVD and try the moves as explained and demonstrated by the trainer but these are very complex moves that you can’t practice without proper planning.
Here’re tips to plan your diet and exercise schedule
- Measure your size
The first step is to measure your waist, chest, hips, and thighs before starting the diet plan. Note down the measurement to monitor your weight loss after starting the diet plan.
You have the flexibility to choose your time to exercise and it won’t consume more than 30 minutes but you should adhere to a scheduled time. Changing your exercise time could result in a loss of interest in the program.
- Healthy diet
While Michaels is silent on the diet but you should follow the basics that is avoid eating fat-laden and processed fast foods. The good thing is that Michaels has listed a number of healthy foods that you can eat during the 30 days of your diet plan.
- Prepare your body
Since you will learn online from DVDs, you can miss important moves and injure yourself while exercising. The first step of the diet plan is to study the moves suggested by the trainer and you need to watch the moves again and again until you are confident of doing the moves in the right manner.
- Stretch yourself
Michaels suggests stretching before starting the diet plan. Stretching has a very positive effect on the body and mind. She calls it dynamic stretching and wants the users to focus more on their pectorals, triceps, biceps, and calves.
- Stop starving
Michaels alerts users about starving. For exercising, you need energy that you will get from eating healthy food. She suggests eating plenty of vegetables, fruits, and whole wheat products to keep your energy level high all the time.
- Hydrate your body
Drink plenty of water during your 30-day diet plan. It is important because you will lose plenty of fluids through sweating.
Is this plan suitable for me?
It is a diet plan suitable for everyone and it will help lose weight in the long run, but it is difficult to say whether you will lose 20 pounds as claimed by Michaels. Also, you shouldn’t do the exercise, if you have injuries especially knee injuries. It is so because most exercises involve knee movements. Also, it isn’t meant for people suffering from obesity.
Disclaimer: You should go through all the pros and cons of the diet plan before starting. Also, you should practice exercises under the supervision of a professional trainer.