10 Women Exercises For Six-Pack Abs
Women can also build six-pack abs if they can burn belly fat and strengthen their abs muscles. Here are 10 exercises that can help women in building six-pack abs.
- Cardio And HIIT
It is only after you burn tummy fat that you will be able to reveal your six-pack abs. And cardio and HIIT are the best ways to burn fat. You can try jogging, moving up the stairs, swimming, cycling, Zumba, or playing any sports. Choose any exercise and practice it at least three hours a week to see good results.
Crunches are an effective exercise to start building six-packs abs with as it works on the mid-section of the abdominal area. It will strengthen your core.
• Lie down on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor
• Place your hands on the back of your head to support the neck while exercising
• Curl up your neck and the upper back with the support of your hands and exhale
• Inhale and go down to the starting position and repeat the exercises for 2-3 sets of 10 reps each
- Bicycle Crunches
Bicycle crunches exercise has multiple benefits. In addition to building the abs, it also works on the quadriceps and hamstrings.
• Lied down on a comfortable exercising mat with your legs stretched
• Bring your hands on the back of your head to support the neck and upper back
• Curl up your head and raise your legs as well
• Turn towards the right, bring the right knee close to your chest, and try touching the right knee with your left elbow
• Turn left, bring the left knee close to your chest, and try touching the left knee with your right elbow
• Repeat this exercise 2-3 times with each left and elbow to make a set and do 10 reps each
Sit-ups have the same effect as crunches. Also, it is easier to practice. This exercise works on the rectus abdominus and external obliques.
• Lie down on an exercising mat with your knees bent at a straight angle and feet firmly placed on the ground
• Place your fingers on your temples to support your head and upper back
• Lift your head by engaging your shoulders and abdominal muscles
• Go slow so you can hold the position for a couple of seconds and then come back to the original position
• Do 2-3 sets of 10 reps each
- Lying Leg Raise
Lying leg raise is more challenging than other exercises but it is highly recommended for building six-packs abs. Its advantage is it works on the lower belly region and carves out abs.
• Lie down on an exercise mat with your hands on either side. Your palms should face the floor
• Raise your legs by pointing your toes first out and then in
• Make a straight angle with your legs and back and hold the position for a couple of minutes
• Bring your legs back to starting position gradually
• Repeat this exercise for 2-3 sets of 10 reps each
- Leg-Up Crunch
Leg-up crunch is similar to the leg raise but it is made more challenging so it works well on lower and upper abs
• Lie down on the floor with your hands stretched over the head
• Raise your legs to make a straight angle with your back just like you did in the leg raise exercise
• Also, crunch up and try touching your toes with your fingertips. Or you can touch the knees
• Go slow and come down gradually after touching your toes
• Do 3 sets of 12 reps each
Plank exercise has multiple benefits like strengthens the core, reduce tummy bulge, and improves posture. And it works almost every body part including abdominis, arms, shoulders, quads, back, and hips
• Get down on your knees on the floor
• Bend forward and place your palms on the floor
• Go further down by resting your forearms on the floor
• Stretch your legs behind and flex your toes
• Be comfortable by engaging your arms, shoulders, abdominal, and hips
• Hold the position for a couple of seconds and release when you start feeling pressure on your shoulders and back
• Take a little rest and repeat it three times
- Mountain Climbers
Here you feel like a climber and mimic the movements of mountain climbers. While this exercise looks simpler but it can provide real help in burning your belly fat and strengthening your core.
• Get down to a Plank position with your palms on the floor but shoulders, forearms, elbows, and wrists making a straight line
• Bring your right knee close to your chest and then take it back. As you take your right keen back, you should bring your left knee close to your chest and then take it back
• Start slow but try increasing the speed of bringing your knees close to the chest and then back. You would need to hop with your legs to increase the speed
• Do 3 sets of 20 reps each
- Hanging Ab Curl
It is a fun exercise you will live doing in the outdoors like in a park or terrace. And it is a great exercise for lower, inner, and transverse ab muscles.
• Access a pull bar and come in a relaxing position with your hands and legs stretched
• Bend your knees and pull them towards your chest by engaging your core
• Go slow and hold the position for a couple of seconds before coming down to the first position
• Do 2 sets of 10 reps each
- Arm Pull Over Straight-Leg Crunch
It is a great exercise for all ab muscles, hip flexors, and hamstrings
• Lie down on your back with your hands stretched over your head
• Slowly raise your legs and bring them to the straight angle
• Raise your hands, neck, and upper back, and try touching your feet with your fingertips
• Hold the position for a couple of seconds and then go back gradually
• Do 2-3 sets of 10 reps each
Together with a healthy diet and exercise, women can also make six-pack abs. The above-mentioned exercises are beneficial in many ways. Also, they require little training and almost no equipment for practice.
Disclaimer: Exercises should be practiced only after proper training and understanding of their pros and cons.