What Are The Three Things You Need To Remove Your Upper Belly Fat?
It is difficult to burn upper belly fat with dieting and exercises only as you need to adopt a three-pronged strategy of exercising, dieting, and lifestyle changes.
Let’s start your weight loss training for upper belly fat by exercising
Jogging and swimming could be your favorite exercises but they would be of little help in controlling the stubborn belly fat. You need to focus on exercises that can help burn your belly fat faster.
a. Surya Namaskar
It is the salutation to the sun and there are 12 different ways of saluting the sun. Since you need to make 12 poses, it will consume a good time from your morning schedule but it works for the entire body. It will strengthen your core, tone the body, and reduce belly fat.
• Stand up with your feet close together and spine straight to start the salutations.
• Roll your shoulders to relax and puff your chest for the first salutation that is to hold your hands close to your chest in the namaskar position.
• Stretch your arms backward and try looking at the ceiling with your back bent backward in the shape of a bow.
• Exhale to bend forward and bring your hands down to touch your feet.
• Stretch your right leg backward and bend your left knee while balancing your body with your hands on the floor. Lookup for sun salutation.
• Relax with your legs stretched back and your body resting on your hands. Now press your knees together and bring them to the ground. Push your hips up while resting your chin and chest on the ground.
• Make a cobra pose with your feet and keens touching the ground and your chest and chin are looking at the ceiling. Here your shoulders should be away from your ears.
• Make an inverted V-position by raising your hips above and bringing your head down.
• Stretch your left leg back and bend your right leg. Rest your body on your hands touching the ground and lookup.
• Push your hips backward and bring your hands down to touch your feet.
• Stand up in the first position and feel relaxed.
b. Plank Hold
It works well for upper belly thighs and arms.
• Sit down with your knees bent and feet on the ground to start the exercise.
• Bent forward and take the weight of your body on your forearms. In this position, your elbows will be on the floor and you can join your palms to get strength.
• Stretch your legs back until the body weight comes on the feet. Your knees should be above the ground.
• Align your hips with your shoulders for the force and flex your hips forward. You will need to tighten your glute muscles.
c. Bicycle Crunches
This exercise works for the abdomen, hips, obliques
• Lie down on the mat with your hands placed behind your head.
• Interlock your fingers to start the exercise
• Bend your knees and bring them close to your belly.
• Straight your right leg and at the same time raise your head and shoulders and try touching the left knee with the right elbow.
• Bring the right knee to the belly to repeat the process with the left knee.
d. Russian Twist
It will strengthen your core, obliques, and spine
• Sit comfortably on the floor with your legs bent.
• Raise your legs with your knees still bent and lean your back slightly for the exercise.
• Now stretch your arms forward and swing your body from one side to another but without disturbing your legs.
• If you want, you can cross your legs to maintain balance.
e. Leg Raise
It is a great exercise for the abdomen and core.
• Lie down comfortably on the floor and place your hands under your butts for added comfort during the exercise.
• Now raise your legs upwards until your buts come off the floor.
• Bring your legs down but keep them off the floor to do the second rep of the exercise.
- Follow a healthy diet
Eating healthy will cut your calorie intake and provide you the energy required to keep going. You can design your diet with the help of your dietician to include the items you like most and remove those you are allergic to.
Note down your diet
• Add more protein-rich food to your diet
• Take whole grains at least 1-2 times a day
• Consume more healthy fats like clarified butter, nuts, and seeds
• Have 1-2 servings of fruits daily and increase your intake of fiber
• Switch to low-calorie, nutrient-rich food that can provide instant energy
• Avoid junk food and oily food, and reduce salt intake
• Take more salads made from fruits and vegetables
• Drink plenty of water as it will clean your body of toxins and keep it hydrated all-day
- Bring positive changes to your lifestyle
Stubborn belly fat will respond to exercising and dieting but you need to change your lifestyle to maintain the rate of weight loss achieved. Here’re the lifestyle changes that can help maintain the right weight.
a. Stress management
Control your stress as it leads to cravings for food and prompts you to have quick snacks. All your efforts to control weight will go in vain if are unable to control your stress and food cravings. Lead a balanced life and avoid taking stress as much as possible. Take the help of a doctor, if you are unable to manage your stress.
b. Sound sleep
If you overstretch at work then you won’t be able to lose your belly fat. You need to take at least 7 hours of sound sleep every day. Inadequate sleep will feel hunger pangs for calorie-dense food items. Try completing your work on time so that you have ample time to take a rest.
Upper belly fat is stubborn fat that can affect your physical as well as mental health. It will spoil your figure and could interrupt your mobility. In the long run, it can put unnecessary pressure on your knees and feet.