10 Home Exercises To Tone Your Flabby Arms
If you aren’t exercising, you could get flabby arms. The skin around your arms could tend to lose its elasticity due to aging. Hormonal imbalance could also be a reason for arm fat. But you can tone your arm flab with simple exercises you can do at home.
- Triceps Dips
Triceps dips are a simple exercise that you can do using your sofa set or even a stool. The only precaution you need to take while doing this exercise is to maintain your balance so you don’t slip and fall.
• Sit down with a bench to your back
• Reach your hands to the bench and hold it firmly
• Extend your legs and shift your body weight to your arms
• Lift your body and bring it down only with the help of your arms
• Do it 10-15 times
It is a chest exercise but it works for the triceps as well. And you can do push-ups without requiring any additional accessories. It will strengthen your chest and shoulder muscles as well.
• Come down on your fours and stretch your legs
• Keep your hands shoulder-width apart and keep your body straight
• Raise your arms to bring your body to a 60-degree angle
• Lower your chest down but avoid touching the floor
• Do it 10-12 times
- Tricep Kickbacks
You will need two small-size dumbbells for this exercise but you can replace dumbbells with one-liter water bottles. Use the weight you are comfortable with. Or you can exercise without weight.
• Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and a dumbbell in each hand
• Flex your knees and bend a little forward to bring your torso parallel to the floor
• Bring your arms under your chest
• Extend your arms back and forth while keeping your arms close to your chest
• Do it 10-15 times
- Tricep Extensions
It is a good exercise as it works for the arms, shoulders, and upper back. You will need a dumbbell or one-liter bottle for this exercise.
• Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and a dumbbell in your hands
• Raise your hands to take the dumbbell over your head
• The dumbbell should conveniently rest in your palms
• Lower the dumbbell to your back and then take it up
• Do it 10-15 times
- Bent Over Row
This exercise will work on your arms, shoulders, upper back, and abs muscles. You will need two small-size dumbbells for this exercise.
• Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and a dumbbell in each hand
• Flex your knees and bend your torso making a 45-degree angle with the floor
• Keep your hands in the extended position
• Push the dumbbells up to your chest and then back to the extended position
• Repeat this exercise 10-15 times
- One-Arm Side Push-Up
It is a great exercise to remove arm flabs. You will use your body weight that you can manage to prevent unnecessary exertion. It will strengthen your shoulders as well.
• Lie on the left side with your knees slightly bent and arms folded to your chest
• Place your right palm on the floor and keep your left arm on your right shoulder
• Lift your torso with the force of your right arm and then down
• Prevent avoiding touching the floor while doing the push-ups
• Change side to do with the left hand
• Do 8-12 reps from each side
- The Windmill
As the name suggests, the exercise involves moving your hands like a windmill. It is easy to do and you can keep it simple by managing the speed of your hand rotation.
• Stand straight with your feet closed and hands by your side
• Expand your chest and engage your abs to start
• Raise your arms in the direction the backward direction
• Try increasing the speed of hand rotation without bending your knees or back
• Change the direction of your hand movement to a forward direction
• Do it 20 times backward and 20 times forward
- The Wave Goodbye
This exercise involves moving your wrists while keeping your arms stretched. It is a simple exercise but it can do wonders for your arms, biceps, and triceps.
• Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands resting by your sides
• Stretch your arms to your shoulder level with your palms and fingers stretched
• Start moving your palms in the motion like saying goodbye
• Speed up the movement according to your convenience
• Do 3 sets of 100 waves each
- The Prayer Pose
It involves joining your hands firmly and moving the hands without opening the joint. It is a simple exercise that you can easily practice at your home.
• Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and hands by your sides
• Join your palms and raise your hands above your head to start
• Bring the hands down to your chest and then go up
• Keep the palms joined while raising and lowering your hands
• Do it 30 times
- Arm Stretches
This exercise involves interlocking hands that stretch arms, biceps, and triceps. When you pull your hands in the opposite direction, you further stretch your muscles. It is a good exercise to tone flabby arms.
• Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and raise your hands above your head
• Hold your right wrist with your left hand and left wrist with your right hand to start
• First, pull your left hand towards your right with your right hand
• Bring your left arm close to your left ear and hold the pose for a couple of seconds
• Release the left hand and repeat it with the right hand
• Do 20 reps from each hand
Exercising is the best way to tone flabby arms. With aging, your skin will lose its elasticity and the excess fat around your arms will hang to the sides. But the biceps can be toned with exercises and home exercising is a great way to tone your flabby arms.
Disclaimer: The above information is for educational purposes only and readers are advised to take proper training and precautions while exercising.
For more information please visit our site at https://www.searchom.com