How do you relax and de-stress your body and mind at the end of a long day?
When you come back home, you first go to the shower to have a relaxing bath and then grab your cup of coffee to feel energized. But drinking coffee could provide little help in boosting your energy level. You should do yoga to feel relaxed.
The advantage of yoga asanas is that they work for the whole body and can be practiced at home. Also, it won’t take you much time in performing an asana after which you will feel recharged and rejuvenated. Also, every asana has its specific advantages.
Check the six relaxing asanas and practice them to relax your body and mind
- Balasana (Child Pose)
Balasana is the fetal position of a baby. Also, it is a resting pose that can provide you a great sense of mental, physical, and emotional solace. And you can practice it whenever you want to relax, but you need to be an empty stomach.
• Sit down your heels with your back straight and your knees hip-width apart. Inhale
• Bend forward raising your tailbone a little so your torso rests on your thighs and head reaches the floor. Exhale
• Release your shoulders to the floor and stretch your arms with your palms lying flat on the floor
• Maintain the pose for at least 30 seconds
• Helps stretch and lengthen the spine
• Help de-stress chest, back, and shoulders
• Helps stretch ankles, hips, and thighs
• Promotes blood circulation
• Helps in keeping the internal organs active and supple
- Viparita Karani (Legs-Up-The-Wall Pose)
Viparita Karani, a mild inversion pose, has solutions to many problems.… Continue reading...