10 Yoga Exercises For Women Over 60
If you are a woman and are over 60 years of age, then you should be very careful about your health, especially about menopause. There could be issues related to your physical and mental health like sciatica, decreased mobility, and memory loss.
Luckily there are 10 yoga exercises that can help maintain good health in advanced age
- Tadasana – Mountain Pose
Easy to do and maintain, Tadasana is helpful in correcting the posture. It tones thighs, arms, and abs, and it improves digestion and blood circulation. Also, it will enhance your mobility and energy level.
• Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and your hands by your side
• Take a deep breathe and raise your hands upward
• Keep your palms facing inwards so you can interlock your fingers
• Stretch yourself up for a while and then relax
- Uttanasana – Standing Forward Bending Pose
It is a mild inverse pose well for controlling osteoporosis and menopause. It improves blood circulation, digestion, and sleep. It strengthens hips and tones hamstrings. Also, it can rejuvenate your skin so you look younger than you are.
• Stand straight with your feet closed, chest expanded, and hands resting on your waist
• Bend your torso to bring it parallel to the floor without releasing your hands
• Release your hands and bring them down to the floor
• Bring your head down to your knees or as much as possible
• Hold the position for a … Find more