The core is made up of several muscles including all your back, abdominal muscles, pelvis, glutes, and obliques. And these are important muscles as they help build stamina, posture, flexibility, and movement.
If you are looking for an exercise that can work for your core muscles, choose one of the following exercises:
- Flutter Kicks
It works on core muscles especially the lower rectus abdominal muscles and hip flexors. It mimics a swimming stroke but is performed by lying on your back.
• Lie on your back with your hands resting on your side and palms flat on the floor
• Keep your back and head in a straight line and look at the ceiling
• Lift your legs at a 45-degree angle and kick them up and down by engaging your core
• Avoid your feet touching the ground before completing a set
• Do 2 sets of 15 reps each
- Seated Knee Tuck
It is a great exercise to strengthen your core, protect your back from injuries, and improve your posture tremendously.
• Sit down on a mat with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor
• Place your hands behind with your palms flat on the mat
• Lean back by bending your elbows and lifting your knees off the floor
• Bring your knees and upper body closer by engaging your core
• Again, lean back and straighten your legs … Find more