Constipation is a common problem that has its roots in lifestyle. But people relate it to their diet. Taking a healthy diet could indeed prevent constipation, but exercising is also necessary to get long-term relief from the suffering.
Here’re 10 exercises that can control constipation
- Wind Relieving Pose (Pavan Muktasana)
It improves digestion. Also, stretching lengthens the spine and relieves pain in the lower back.
• Lie down on your back with your knees folded to the chest
• Hug your knees and try to touch the knees with your forehead
• Hold this position for 5-10 seconds and keep breathing
• Lose your grip on the knees and rest your head on the floor
• Repeat the exercises 5-10 times
- Half Wind Pose (Ardha Pavan Muktasana)
It is good for the digestive system as it massages the abdomen and digestive organs. It is also good for the pelvis and the reproductive organs. Women can try this asana to control menstrual pain.
• Lie down on your back with your feet shoulder-width apart
• Fold the right knee and bring it closer to your chest
• Hug your right knee to lock it for up 5 seconds
• Move the right knee in a locked position towards your left and again hold it for 5 seconds
• Return to the starting position
• Repeat the exercise with the left leg
• Do 5 sets with each … Find more