Holi is a festival of colors but it could be harsh to your skin and hair. But it doesn’t mean that you should miss the celebrations. You need to be a little careful with your skin and hair.
Here’re important tips for pre and post-Holi celebrations to prevent colors from damaging your skin and hair
Pre Holi Skin Care
A little caution and care could help in keeping your skin safe from the irritating side-effects of Holi-colors
• Start with applying oil on your skin over your hands, forearms, neck, and upper back to create a protective layer against the colors.
• Cover your face with quality sunscreen to prevent the skin from sun rays and the colors.
• Paint your nails to prevent Holi colors from spoiling your nails. Apply one or two coats of nail paint according to the quality and consistency of the nail paint.
Pre Holi Hair Care
Your tresses are more vulnerable to Holi color as the colored grains of Gulal can penetrate inside and sit on the roots of the locks.
• Apply a good amount of quality hair oil on your locks. Make sure that the oil seeps deep inside the locks.
• Try tying the locks together to prevent exposure to Holi colors. You can try a single knot or make braids.
• It will be much better if you can wear a hair mask a few days before the celebrations begin.… Continue reading...