Depression is a mental condition that involves irritable mood, feeling of emptiness and cognitive changes. Medically it can be divided into following conditions.
• Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
• Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder
• Persistent depressive disorder
• Premenstrual dysphoric disorder
• Depressive disorder due to another medical condition
Patients suffering from depression are given anti-depressants to help ease the depressive symptoms. Also, they are advised lifestyle changes to control environment that give negative thoughts.
Depression can also be treated with supplements like Vitamin B12, Omega-3 fatty acids and herbs like saffron.
There are 11 … Find more